Inservice Points are awarded for trainings and workshops. One hour training is equal to one (1) inservice point.
How are Inservice Points awarded?
All trainings that are considered “In-District” will be posted in ERO (Electronic Registrar Online). You will be able to register for any in district training only through ERO.
Points are awarded after:
- Your attendance has been verified by the instructor of the training.
- The training has been processed by the Professional Development Department.
- Completing the Evaluation in ERO (when the training has been processed, you will receive an email from ERO stating that your evaluation is available)
- Your awarded Inservice Points will be reflected on your “Transcript” page in ERO.
- Inservice Follow-Up forms are no longer needed for In-District Trainings/Workshops.
Out of District Trainings/Workshops:
In order for the Professional Department to award Inservice Points for trainings, the following needs to be done:
- A Temporary Duty Leave form (TDL) must be completed and approved by Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent prior to the date of the training if the training is during an employee’s “contractual” period and/or travel reimbursement will be requested.
- Completed Inservice Follow-Up form.
- A Certificate of Completion if applicable.
- An agenda of the training
- A summary of the training that includes how the strategies learned will be implemented into lesson plans.
Send your package to the Professional Development Department - Attention: Angelina Haripersad
If Hernando County School District is reimbursing you for an out of county training, your summary should include how you plan to share the strategies learned with your Colleagues.
Last Updated on Wednesday, January 02 2013 13:58