HCSB will offer Face to Face ESOL courses throughout the school year and during the summer. However, teachers who are required to complete 300 hours of ESOL will be given preference.
CTECH offers online ESOL courses. Employees can register with CTECH and will be reimbursed by HCSB upon successful completion.
Website for CTECH – www.cteched.com
Reimbursement: In order to be reimbursed for an ESOL class taken through CTECH, you will need to do the following:
1. Complete the ESOL Reimbursement form. This form may be located in the “Important Forms” link.
2. You will need to your administrator’s approval signature.
3. Make a COPY of your Certificate of Completion
4. Send the ESOL Reimbursement form and Certificate to Angelina Haripersad in Professional Development.
When your points have been entered, you are required to complete the Evaluations in ERO so that your points will be posted to your Transcript page.
Teachers may apply for their Reading Endorsement upon successful completion each Reading competency. Reading Competencies are offered online at the following sites:
Required reading course work
1. Reading Competency 1
2. Reading Competency 2
3. Reading Competency 3
4. Reading Competency 4-5
5. Reading Competency 6 – Practicum: This competency will need to coordinate with a Reading Coach at your school. If you need assistance, please contact the Reading Curriculum Specialist, Deborah Pfenning, or the Professional Development Department.
Receiving your inservice points: Please send a COPY of your Certificate of Completion to Professional Development. When your points have been entered, you are required to complete the Evaluations in ERO so that your points will be posted to your Transcript page.
Bankable Points: ESOL and Reading Endorsement points are considered to be “bankable” points. At the time of renewing your Educator Certificate, you may bank any ESOL or Reading Endorsement points that you did not use. You MUST inform the Certification Specialist if you wish to bank your points.
Last Updated on Wednesday, January 02 2013 13:58