Frequently Asked Questions

  • I can't create a user name for my job application. It states my Social Security is already on file
    *You have ALREADY created a user name for this type of application if this error comes up**
    1. Use the user name you may have created and try to log-in.
    2. If you have forgotten your password, you can request this information on the login page. Click on "Forgot your Password?" and complete the required information.
    3. If this does not work, call the Human Resources Department at (352) 797-7005 and ask for your password to be reset for the type of application you are looking for.

    How do I know if I have created a transfer application?
    A transfer application only requires basic, current information (name, address, current work location, etc.). A transfer application does not require information already in your personnel file (two references, complete employment history, transcripts, etc.).

    I completed the wrong type of application, what do I do?
    1. On the top, left-hand side of this page you will click on Employment.
    2. On the Employment page, click on Current Employees click here to apply or Outside Applicants click here to apply (whichever is appropriate).
    3. Create a new user name and password, and complete your new application.
    4. If you run into any other problems with this, please contact the Human Resources Department at (352) 797-7005 for further assistance.

    How do I know what jobs are available?
    There are two ways to check job vacancies. You may:
    1. Visit the Human Resources Department located at the District Office
    2. Visit our website here.

    How do I apply for a job?
    1. An online application must be submitted before an interview can be given. Please remember to write down your username and password so you can log in at a later date.
    2. Once your online application is complete, you may apply for positions of interest and the work site administrator will be in contact with you if he/she wishes to schedule an interview.

    Who will interview me?
    The work site administrator will contact the applicant to initiate an interview once the job has been applied for through the online application. You do not need to contact the schools for an interview.

    Does every applicant need to be fingerprinted?
    Applicants do not need to be fingerprinted. The Hernando County School Board requires fingerprinting for all district employees and anyone who has been offered a job. Only when you are hired or offered a position will you need to be fingerprinted. The cost is $57.30.

    How do I get certified?
    Our Certification Department will assist you through the certification process. If you have graduated from a state approved teaching program the Florida Department of Education will issue you a five (5) year certificate. If this is not the case, you will apply for a three (3) year temporary certificate. Call the Human Resource Department at (352) 797-7005 regarding your certification. For more information on certification click the "Certification" button above.

    What is "Out-of-Field?"
    A teacher is considered "out-of-field" when he/she is not certified to teach the subject he/she is assigned to teach. If a teacher is teaching out-of-field, he/she must gain certification by taking the appropriate course work; successfully completing the Subject Area Exam (SAE) or workshops. A teacher cannot teach out-of-field in a core academic subject. Our Human Resource Department will be happy to assist teachers in meeting these requirements.