Chaperone/Same Day Trip
Front Office Volunteer
Volunteer Coach/Overnight Field Trips
*While in contact with students, Level 1 volunteers must be under supervision of a District employee.
Applies to: field trip chaperones, in-county athletic team chaperones, and volunteers supervising small groups of students.
- Level 1 Volunteer (Non-fingerprinted) – Criminal Background Check through Comprehensive Case Information System (CCIS)
Direct one-on-one supervision of students is permitted.
*Applies to: All non-contractual tutors, non-contractual mentors, chaperones for out-of-county field or athletic trips, chaperones for overnight field or athletic trips, field trip drivers, athletic volunteer coaches and athletic team drivers.
- Fingerprinted Volunteer – Criminal Background Check through Volunteer and Employee Criminal History System (VECHS)
- Cost - $45.25 (There is a $6 reoccurring fee yearly to maintain fingerprint records)
- District Issued Volunteer ID badge
1. Make an appointment –time frame depends on appointment availability
2. Results normally received within 72 hrs from FDLE
3. If prints are rejected, the applicants must be reprinted. Again, the appointment depends on availability. If the 2nd set of prints are accepted from FDLE/FBI results will be received within 72 hrs (not known if accepted until response is received from FDLE/FBI)
4. If fingerprints are rejected for a 2nd time, a name search will be conducted through the FBI
***This process can take up to 10 weeks.
The new volunteer application for employees of the district will only need to be completed if the employee wants their volunteer hours to be credited to the school otherwise they will just need to be treated as a regular visitor.
All applicants including HCSB employee must have state issued ID scanned into v-soft when visiting/volunteering at a district cost center.
STUDENT VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
*** HCSD students completing the paper application will also need to submit an electronic application for approval.
Thank you for your time and cooperation!
Volunteers In Education Department
(352) 797-7054 ext. 476