The School Advisory Council consists of teachers, parents, education support personnel, elected by their peers, and representative of the ethnic, racial and economic community served by the school.
- Are actively involved in developing their school's vision and mission.
- Use Florida's eight education goals as guiding principles for everything the council does.
- Assist in preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan.
- Develop strategies for improving the areas most important to their school.
- Decide how to measure the results of what they plan to do.
- Assist in preparing the school's annual budget.