What is SAC?
The School Advisory Council (SAC) is a school-based group intended to represent the school, the community, and those persons closest to the students that shares responsibility for supporting the school’s continuous improvement. The district school board is responsible, by Florida law, for establishing an advisory council for each school in the district and developing procedures for the election and appointment of advisory council members. Each SAC must include in its name the words "school advisory council." For further information, see Section 1001.452(1)(a), F.S.
What Does SAC Do?
1. Review the results of any needs assessments conducted at the school.
2. Assist in the development of the School Improvement Plan and provide recommendations on specific components ofthe plan, such as the goals ofthe school, indicators of school and student progress, strategies, and evaluation procedures to measure student performance.
3. Report progress in meeting the goals ofthe school improvement plan.
4. Make recommendations on the accumulation and reporting of data that is beneficial to parents.
5. Assist the Principal as requested in preparing the school 's annual budget funds, through a presentation or report.
6. Determ ine the use of school improvement funds (Lottery dollars).
7. Act as a liaison between the school and the community.
8. Identify other duties and f-unctions of the School Advisory Council.
SAC Meets Once a Month
on the third Monday, at 4:30 pm in the FCMS Media Center