2019-2020 Uniform Policy
Deltona Elementary School’s faculty, staff, and School Advisory Council believe that school uniforms promote a more productive and positive learning environment. Research indicates that school uniforms provide many of the following benefits:
~ A safe school environment
~ A sense of pride and school unity
~ A more focused learning environment
~ A decrease in peer pressure and bullying among students
- Solid colored short or long sleeve polo style with or without DES logo and properly fitted.
- Solid color sweatshirts or sweater.
Uniform pants must be solid navy blue or khaki.
- Solid colored uniform pants, shorts, and capris in the above stated colors are acceptable.
- Girls may also wear skorts or jumpers in navy blue or khaki.
- Shorts, skorts & jumpers are to fit appropriately & no shorter than 4” above knee.
- Leggings must be solid uniform color and worn under uniform.
- Shoes must have closed back and toe.
- Sneakers or tennis shoes are required on P.E. days. Laces must be worn and tied.
Non Compliance Consequences:
1st time out of uniform ~ Phone call home to parent, GREEN sticker in planner.
2nd time out of uniform ~ Phone call home to parent, YELLOW sticker in planner.
3rd time out of uniform ~ phone call home to parent, PINK sticker in planner.
4th time & etc. ~ Student will be sent to Administrative time out until parent brings appropriate clothing, ORANGE sticker in planner.
Uniforms must be worn at all times including all Field Trips, Award Ceremonies, and School Pictures!