Certified Nursing Assistant
Learn how to challenge the C.N.A. Certification test for the state of Florida and prepare for immediate employment as a Certified Nursing Assistant, working under the supervision of a licensed medical professional. (This is a prep class, not the full C.N.A. Board of Nursing certification program.)
- Fundamentals of Nursing Assistant including legal and ethical aspects
- The Patient – who we care for
- Patient Assessment
- Assisting with Care Needs and rehabilitative activities
- Knowledge of blood borne diseases
- CPR/AED and First Aid training
- Personal patient care and patient care procedures
- Care for geriatric patients
- Apply the principles of infection control specific to C.N.A.’s
- Test-taking preparation
Uniform: Navy blue scrub top/bottoms, white or black athletic shoes (no Crocs), a watch with a second hand
Attend 35 Hours, *Minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirement is 80%. No makeup days.
TTuition: $305 - tuition and all fees subject to change. *Additional costs for background screening and Pro-metric testing are not part of the prep class.
Monday, and Wednesday 6:00 – 8:30 pm
4057 California Street
Brooksville, FL 34604
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Certification, and License
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license. Contact the CNA registry at 1-850-245-4567 for licensing information.
A CNA can be expected to make between $22,353 and $32,230 a year$22,353 — $32,230
Salary estimates are not guaranteed. Source:www.Salary.com
Registration occurs on Eventbrite. Follow Simpson Technical College for notification of dates.