Decorative graphic

 Application Process

 Frequently Asked Questions

Who can apply to Simpson Technical College?
Persons aged 16 years (minors should refer to the business office for admission criteria) or older are eligible to apply for admission.
Where would I go to register for a program?
Enrollment, down payment of fees and orientation occur at our Administrative office located at, 801 N. Broad Street, Brooksville, Florida, 34601.
When do the programs start?
Our Fall semester begins in July and our Spring semester begins in January – check our website for exact starting dates of each individual program. 
How much do the programs cost?
Programs are measured in clock hours – that is the amount of time it should take for a student to acquire the competencies set out in the curriculum. We currently charge $2.44 per clock hour in state, and $9.32 out of state. There is also a program lab fee charged each semester and a student identification fee. 
What are the admission requirements?
  • Pay any outstanding debt owed prior to registration (Applies to students who have registered in a course with us in a previous semester).
  • Provide proof of Florida residency in order to pay in-state tuition rates. Two forms of identification are required.
  • Complete an application, meet with a counselor, and pay tuition and other fees. Enrollment, payment of fees and orientation occur at our Administrative office located at, 801 N. Broad Street, Brooksville, Florida, 34601.
  • New enrollment requires an advisory meeting with a program specialist. Please call for an appointment (352-797-7018).
  • Providing a copy of their standard high school diploma, or official transcript, or official notification of passing a GED®.
  • Most programs admit students on a first come, first serve basis. If the program is fully enrolled, a waiting list is maintained. Counselors are available for educational and career counseling at the time of enrollment during the regular school year. There will be no educational or career counseling during the summer months. The business office is closed most holidays.
Can credit be transferred in to Simpson Technical College from other institutions?
Official transcripts from other colleges, technical centers and accredited institutions will be evaluated by an academic advisor and the instructor and credit may be given for the appropriate units of instruction.
Is there any special equipment that has to be purchased for the course?
Each program has a required supply list of what you need to purchase throughout your time in the program. It is not an exhaustive list – your instructor will make purchasing recommendations as your course progresses.
Do you accept financial aid?
We offer Federal Financial Aid for all our career certificate courses and also Veterans Benefits for those who qualify.
Where could I go for financial assistance?
We do work with agencies locally and refer potential and current students to them. Our partners are:
Mid Florida Community Services
9344 Spring Hill Dr, Spring Hill Dr 34608
352-610-4401 Option #3
Mid Florida Community Services
820 Kennedy Blvd, Brooksville, FL 34601
352-796-1425 Ext 251
Career Source Pasco/Hernando
7361 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill, FL 34606
Dept. of Education
Vocational Rehabilitation Services
7361 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill, FL 34606 352-200-3040
Are you an accredited institution?
Simpson Techncial College is fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.
During the semester where can I make payments?
Agreed upon installment payments can be made at:
Administrative Office
801 N. Broad Street, Brooksville FL 34601
Hours: 8.00am – 4.00pm (Monday through Friday)
Main Campus
4057 California Street, Brooksville FL 34604
Hours: 3:00pm – 9:00pm (Monday through Thursday)
Do I need a placement test?
Students who enroll in a post-secondary Career and Technical Education program shall complete a basic skills assessment. Section 1004.91, Florida Statutes (F. S.) Career-Preparatory Instruction requires students who enroll in a program offered for career credit of 450 hours or more to complete an entry-level examination within the first six weeks after admission into the program. Some exemptions do apply – these can be confirmed with the Administrative office.