Dress for Success
- Clothing is to support the professional academic atmosphere of a school classroom.
- Attire must not be disruptive or distractive to the learning environment.
- Clothing, except school-sponsored items, cannot have graphics or writing larger than a credit card.
- Illuminated clothing, illuminated accessories, costume-like apparel, costume-like clothing, and costume-like accessories are not permitted.
- Undergarments are NOT to be visible.
- All clothing items must be neat, clean, without holes, rips, and appropriately fitted.
- Administration has the final authority to decide if clothing items and accessories comply with the dress code policy.
- Materials: Cotton or cotton-polyester blend. NO stretchy/spandex/form fitting items.
- Shoes: sneakers are highly recommended.
See the Student Code of Conduct for additional dress code information.
-Polo/golf; with collar, and 2-8 buttons
-Must have sleeves (no tank, tube oe capped styles)
-Button down permitted (must stay buttoned)
-Any Parrott Middle School t-shirt
All Shirts MUST be long enough to cover the midriff area when both arms are raised.
-Plaid, striped, or solid colors. (polo style or button down)
-Under shirts may be worn under approved tops but should not be visible.
-Solid color sweaters, sweatshirts can be worn with an approved top underneath.
-Pants, trousers, capris, joggers, skirts, skorts, shorts
-NO sweats or athletic wear
-Pants are to be regular fit, worn at the waist and does not drag.
-Pants must have the ability to be gently pulled away from the skin.
-Shorts/skorts: Are to be properly fitted and may not be shorter than 4 inches above the top of the knee cap.
-Skirts/dresses: Length (including slits) are to be NO MORE THAN 2 inches above the knee.
-Joggers cannot be made of sweat or athletic materials
-Dark blue, black, gray and/or khaki solid color
-Students may wear jeans- must be traditional blue or black denim, no colors
-No jean shorts/skirts/skorts
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.