Student Transcripts and Records

If it has been less than 5 full school years since attending a Hernando School; contact the last school of enrollment for transcripts.

When the age of majority (eighteen) is reached, no one, including parents, may access records without written authorization from the student. Reference FL Statute 1002.22(3). See statute for exemptions.

Records Duplication Fees:

$2.00 for an official transcript
$1.00 for an unofficial transcript
15¢ per page (single sided)
20¢ per page (double sided)

*Mailing fees may apply

Official Transcripts:

Official transcripts will be signed, dated, embossed with the Hernando County Schools seal, and mailed directly to the address of the institution/organization provided unless otherwise specified. Opening an official transcript prior to hand delivery make it unofficial. Immunization records (if on file) will be included to universities.

Unofficial Transcripts:

Unofficial transcripts will be stamped “UNOFFICIAL” student copy.

To Receive your Transcript by Mail (for official and unofficial copies):

  1. Complete a Transcript Request Form (SO-SS-051) or write, sign and date a letter specifying which documents to release including your name at the time of enrollment, date of birth, last school attended and last year of enrollment. Include the address where the transcript should be sent.

  2. Make a clear copy of your valid driver’s license, State issued photo identification or a copy of your official birth certificate.

  3. Include a check or money order made payable to Hernando County Schools. No credit cards are accepted.

  4. Mail to: Hernando County School District
                 Attn: Records Dept.
                 8050 Mobley Road
                 Brooksville, FL 34601

The Mobley Road location is the mailing address only; records cannot be picked up from this location.

  1. Most requests will be processed and mailed within seven business days. Requests needing extensive research may incur additional charges, you will be notified before any additional charges are applied, and asked to pay in advance.

Instructions for Picking up Your Transcripts or Student Records (for official and unofficial copies):

  1. If you would like to pick up your records, arrangements must be in advance by calling the Records Department at (352) 797-7223.

  2. You will be asked to show a photo ID or a copy of your official birth certificate.

  3. Payment can be made by check, money or exact cash. This office does not make change and cannot accept coins. No credit cards are accepted.

  4. The address for records pick up is:

                                                   Hernando County School District
                                                   919 N. Broad Street
                                                   Brooksville, FL 34601

  1. Records can usually be picked up within 5 business days.

GED Records

Call 1-877-352-4331 or 850-245-0449 or visit the Florida Department of Education website at

Third Party Companies

Third party companies may fax a student’s signed release to (352) 797-7153. Other than dates of enrollment, a student’s signed authorization is required for the release of any other information.

Dawn Locke
District Records Specialist
Hernando County School District
8050 Mobley Road
Brooksville, FL 34601
Phone: (352) 797-7223 
Fax: (352) 797-7153
Hours: 7:00a.m.– 3:00 p.m