What is Cambridge?
- The world’s largest provider of k-12 international education programs
- A global model of academic excellence through rigorous standards and high expectations
- An educational leader in 160 countries, with programs in over 9,000 schools
- Part of England’s renowned University of Cambridge
Cambridge Primary Program
The Cambridge Primary Program is an innovative and accelerated method of academic study offered solely through Cambridge International Examinations.
- Promotes academic rigor in English, Math. and Science
- Provides a flexible curriculum framework that promotes creativity
- Emphasizes thinking skills as well as inquiry-based learning
- Measures student progress based on international benchmarks
- Presents a global focus while promoting cultural sensitivity
- Prepares students for Middle School and High School Cambridge programs
Cambridge Primary Program: Pine Grove Elementary
Pine Grove Elementary is proud to offer the internationally-recognized Cambridge Program. With the Cambridge Primary Program, students receive instruction that builds confidence, responsibility, and reflection. The curriculum frameworks in English, Math, and Science promote critical thinking and collaborative teamwork. In English, students acquire skills which allow them to communicate confidently and effectively. The science curriculum helps build proficiency in investigation, evaluation, and analysis of data and scientific evidence. Mathematics instruction targets the application of essential skills to solve real- lems. There are many opportunities within Hernando County School District to continue the Cambridge curriculum, first at the middle school level at West Hernando Middle School and culminating with the AICE Diploma Program at the senior high level at Central High School.
Pine Grove is pleased to offer the Global Perspectives portion of the Cambrige program school wide through activities and projects designed to engage students and allow them to develop and use critical thinking and problem solving skills. Cambridge Global Perspectives is a unique, transformational programme that helps students at every stage of school education develop outstanding transferable skills, including critical thinking, research and collaboration. This innovative and stimulating skills-based programme places academic study in a practical, real-world context. It gives students aged 5 to 19 years the opportunity to develop the skills that they need to be successful at school and university as well as in their future careers. The programme taps into the way today’s students enjoy learning, including group work, seminars, projects and working with other students around the world. The emphasis is on developing students’ ability to think critically about a range of global issues where there is always more than one point of view.The programme develops the skills of research, analysis, evaluation, reflection, collaboration and communication.