SUNCOAST UNIFORM POLICY
We truly appreciate your support and cooperation in following our mandatory uniform policy.
- SHIRTS - Plain, solid color polo style shirt in any color without name brand logos.
- PANTS/BOTTOMS - Uniform pants, shorts, shirt/skorts, capris, jumpers may be worn in navy, black, tan/khaki. Jeans/basketball shorts/sweat pants are NOT permitted. Uniform shirts must be worn under jumpers.
- SHOES - Tennis shoes/sneakers are the preferred shoe as they need to be worn on PE days in order for children to fully participate. Open toed shoes are NOT permitted.
- SPIRIT DAYS - FRIDAYS ONLY- students have the option of wearing a uniform shirt, or a Suncoast Spirit shirt. Pants are to be uniform color and appropriate length.
- WINTER ATTIRE - In addition to coats and sweaters, solid color shirts, leggings, or tights may be worn under the uniform during cold weather.
- Sweaters/Sweatshirts/Hoodies- must be in solid colors, no design. Students will not be permitted to have their hoods up while on the school campus, as we need to be able to identify all persons on our campus. The only exception will be if the temperature is below 55 degrees, students may wear their hood up outside only.
- Uniforms/Spirit Shirts MUST be worn on picture days and field trips.
Uniform Violation Policies
- 1st violation- sticker in the child's planner to notify parents.
- 2nd violation-sticker in the child's planner and a phone call home.
- 3rd violation- child will be sent to the office. Parents will receive a phone call that their child needs to change clothes in order to return to class.
Ditch the Duds/Out of Uniform
- On any days that students are allowed to come out of uniform, they are astill required to follow the Hernando County School District Dress Code.
Thank you for your continued support of the Suncoast uniform policy. our uniform policy has helped create a positive, welcoming atmosphere that fosters a sense of community. Students are expected to wear a uniform daily. Parents of those students not in uniforms may be contacted and requested to bring uniform clothing to school.