Winding Waters K-8’s administration and staff appreciate your support in implementing our dress code policy. The dress code policy will be in effect the first day of school.
- All clothing is to be neat and clean.
- Bottoms must be secured at the waist.
- All clothing is to be properly fitted.
- Undergarments are NOT to be visible.
- Appearance, accessories or attire may not be disruptive to the learning environment.
Please consider safety when selecting school shoes.
- Acceptable Shoes:
- Tennis shoes
- Regular shoes
- Unacceptable Shoes:
- High heels
Appropriate Tops and Jackets
- Tops do not have to be tucked in, but must be long enough when hands are raised above the head or when bending over with no skin visible.
- Blouses with a neckline that dips below the line formed between the right and left armpit are not acceptable.
- NO spaghetti straps, tank tops, muscle shirts, any see-through material, halter/strapless tops are acceptable.
- Must be fingertip length
- Bottoms that have any type of rip or hole must ensure the rip or hole is at the knee or lower.
- All bottoms must be secured at the waist. Undergarments must not be exposed.
- Pajamas/onesies are not acceptable.
- Leggings, spandex or yoga pants must be worn with a length acceptable skirt, dress or shirt. Any shirt worn with leggings, spandex or yoga must be the length of mid-thigh.
- Jewelry should be worn in such a way that does not present a safety or health hazard. NO spiked jewelry or accessories are acceptable.
- Wallet chains and dog chains are not acceptable.
- Bandanas are not allowed to be worn in any fashion (head, belt, etc.).
- Hats and sunglasses are ONLY to be worn outside and with the permission of a staff member.
- Hoods from any article of clothing are not allowed to be worn inside the building.
- Apparel, jewelry, tattoo, markings, accessory or manner of grooming that denotes membership in a gang, advocates drugs, tobacco products, alcohol, violence and/or sexual innuendo is NOT acceptable.
The WWK-8 dress code policy is in addition to the district dress code. Please see the Hernando County Student Code of Conduct.
First Offense: A student shall be given a warning and administration or their designee shall call the student’s parent/guardian to bring a change of clothes.
Second Offense: The student is ineligible to participate in any extracurricular activity for a period of time not to exceed five (5) days, may lose a privilege and administration or their designee shall call, meet with the student’s parent/guardian and ask them to bring a change of clothes.
Third or Subsequent Offense: A student shall receive an in‐school suspension for a period not to exceed three (3) days, the student is ineligible to participate in any extracurricular activity for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days, may lose additional privileges and the administration shall call the student’s parent or guardian to bring a change of clothes.
Administration will have final discretion on ALL dress code violations.
- Attendance Information
- Dress Code
- Elementary PE
- Family Access - Skyward
- Parent Portal from Edulog
- Registering Your Child
- School Advisory Council (SAC)
- School Financial Report
- School Supply List (opens in new window)
- Science Fair
- Statewide Assessment Calendar (opens in new window)
- Students & Families in Transition Information
- Technology Resources
- Update Contact Information
- Volunteer Information
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.