BYOD School Procedures
WWHS is committed to moving students and staff forward in a 21st century learning environment. As part of this plan, WWWHS will allow students and staff to bring their own devices (BYOD) during any teaching and learning day. With classroom teacher discretion, students may use their own devices in the classroom. Participants should use personal devices during the instructional day to support their educational activities and maintain academic integrity in all their work at all times.
Students must adhere to the following.
- Students will connect to the school BYOD network called “WWHS-BYOD” only.
- The School will not repair, support, charge, or be held responsible for any lost or stolen devices. The student is encouraged to keep a record of their owndevice serial numbers and download an app to track device location.
- Students are to follow the acceptable use policies currently in place for network and internet access at the school.
- BYOD is a privilege offered at the school that can be taken away at any time due to abuse and/or discipline issues at the school.
- Cellular or other devices must be in silent mode while on school campuses unless directed and supervised by a teacher as part of the learning environment.
- Devices may not be used to record, transmit or post photographic images or video of a person, or persons on campus during school activities and/or hours unless under the supervision of a teacher or administrator. Students that violate this procedure may face disciplinary action.
- The school district has the right to collect and examine any device that is suspected of causing problems or was the source of an attack or virus infection.
- Printing from personal devices will not be possible at school.
- Personal technology is charged prior to bringing it to school and runs off its own battery while at school. No plugging devices in to school AC power receptacles.
- Users will be responsible for procuring and installing all software or applications on their respective devices.
- Devices may only be used specifically for instructional purposes under the guidance of a teacher.
- Devices may only be brought and used in classrooms teachers to be BYOD classrooms and will be used at the sole discretion of each teacher on campus.
- Devices are turned face down on the desk during teacher designated “No Technology” class time and turned face up only when teacher designates class time as “Technology Permitted” times.
- Devices may only be used to access files on computer or internet sites which are relevant to the classroom curriculum. Games are not permitted unless they are part of the teacher’s assignment.
- Devices may not be used to cheat on assignments or tests, or for non-instructional purposes (such as making personal phone calls and text/instant messaging).
- Additional Classroom-Specific Procedures will be specified by each teacher, including permitted technology, times and uses, restricted times and uses, and other considerations.