West Hernando Middle School
Dress Code Requirements
Principal: Chris Healy
Assistant Principal: Leslie Sakser
West Hernando Middle School’s administration and staff appreciate your support and working with us in the implementation and compliance of our dress code policy.
- All clothing is to be neat, clean, and appropriately fitted.
- Undergarments are not to be visible.
- Appearance, accessories, or attire may not be disruptive to the learning environment.
- PE uniforms are available for purchase.
Please consider safety when selecting school shoes:
- Tennis/athletic shoes
- Sandals must have a back strap
- NO flip flops or slides
- NO crocs
Appropriate Tops & Jackets
- Spaghetti Straps, tank tops, muscle shirts, and shirts with cut off sleeves are not allowed.
- Graphics must be appropriate for school.
- Shirts do not have to be tucked in, but must be long enough to cover midriff when hands are raised above the head.
- Shirts with a neckline that dips below the line formed between the right and left armpit are not allowed.
- HOODS AND HATS MAY NOT BE WORN ON CAMPUS AT ANY TIME.
- NO leggings, NO yoga pants, NO biker shorts.
- Spandex must NOT be worn.
- Pants that have any type of rip or hole that exposes skin, must ensure the rip or hole is at mid-thigh or lower.
- Pants must be worn at the waist. Skin or undergarments must NOT be exposed.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no shorter than 3” from the top of the knee to the bottom of the hem.
- Hats, bandanas, do-rags, etc. may NOT be worn on campus.
- With PE Coach’s permission, hats may be worn during PE when outside.
- Hoods – No hood (hoodie) from any article of clothing is to be worn on campus.
- Gloves, chains, and spikes are not to be worn on campus.
Jackets, sweaters, and sweatshirts that are worn to cover dress code violations are not permitted.
ALL CELL PHONES MUST BE TURNED OFF AND PUT IN YOUR BOOKBAG!
1st offense - Student will call home for parent to bring an appropriate change of clothing. If no one is available to bring clothes to school, the student may choose from the school closet or stay in ISS for the remainder of the day.
2nd offense - Student will call home for parent to bring an appropriate change of clothing. If no one is available to bring clothes to school, the student may choose from the school closet or stay in ISS for the remainder of the day.
3rd offense - Student will receive a discipline referral and be sent to ISS for the day. Student is ineligible to participate in any extracurricular activity for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days. Student may lose additional privileges at the discretion of school administrator or their designee.
Administration will have final discretion on ALL dress code violations.