2020-2021 Dress Code
West Hernando Middle School’s administration and staff appreciate your support and working with us in the implementation and compliance of our dress code policy.
***The dress code policy will be in effect the first day of school, setting expectations for the entire school year.***
- Pants/shorts must be secured at the waist.
- All clothing is to be worn neat, and clean.
- All clothing is to be properly fitted.
- Undergarments are not to be visible.
- Suggestive messages are not permitted.
- Exceptions may be made for spirit days made by administration (approved spirit days or extra curricular activities)
Must be safe and appropriate for school and can be:
- Regular shoes
- Tennis/athletic shoes
- NO flip flops or slides
- Sandals must have a back strap
Tops & Jackets
- Must be long enough to remain tucked in at all times with no skin visible.
- Blouses– with a neckline that dip below the line formed between the right and left armpit are prohibited.
- Spaghetti straps, tank tops, muscle shirts, any see-through material, and shirts with cut off sleeves are prohibited.
- Pants/bottoms that have any type of rip or hole must ensure the rip or hole is at the knee or lower.
- Pajamas, boxer shorts, bedroom attire and see through items are not permit-ted..
- Shorts must be appropriate length, e.g., the shorts reach to at least one-half the distance between the hip and the knee when the student is sitting.
- Skirts/skorts may be worn if appropriate length (no more than 3 inches above the knee.) The skirt/skort must be secure so that no undergarments are visible.
- Leggings/spandex must be worn with a length acceptable skirt, dress, or shorts. Leggings if worn with a shirt must en-sure the shirt comes to one half the dis-tance between the hip and knee.
- Hats - may be worn in manner in which they were designed, e.g., with the bill pointing forward and when outside the building. Hats/Sunglasses are not to be worn in-side the buildings/hallways, and must be put away and out of sight when not in use.
- Bandanas are not allowed to be worn in any fashion, this includes, but is not limited to on the head, as a belt, or on anywhere else on your person.
- Hoods– No hoods from any article of clothing is to be worn inside or outside of buildings.
Jackets, sweaters, and sweatshirts that are worn to cover dress code violations are not permitted.
These guidelines are in addition to the district dress code. (See the Hernando County Student Code of Conduct)
1st offense - A student shall be given a verbal warning and administrator or their designee shall call the student’s parent/guardian to bring a change of clothes.
2nd offense - The student is ineligible to participate in any extracurricular activity for a period of time not to exceed five (5) days, may lose a privilege and the school administrator or their designee shall call, meet with the student’s parent/guardian and ask them to bring a change of clothes.
3rd offense - Student shall receive an in-school suspension for a period not to exceed three (3) days. The student is ineligible to participate in any extracurricular activity for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days. Student may lose additional privileges and the school administrator or their designee shall call the student’s parent/guardian a change of clothes, send the parent /guardian a written letter regarding the student’s in-school suspension and ineligibility to participate in extracurricular activities.
Administration will have final discretion on all dress code violations.
- Bell Schedule
- Bell Schedule - Early Release
- Digital Learning
- Dress Code
- Family Access - Skyward
- Homework Help
- Parent Portal from Edulog
- Promotion & Retention
- School Advisory Council (SAC)
- School Financial Report
- School Map
- Science Fair
- Single Sign On Tutorial
- Student Code of Conduct
- Students & Families in Transition Information
- Supply Lists for School Year 2020-2021
- Testing & Assessments
- Title I
- Update Contact Information
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.