To start the application process, please fill out the Substitute Interest Form.
Hernando County Substitute Teachers & Substitute Paraprofessionals
Hernando County Schools has partnered with Kelly Educational Staffing to recruit, train and provide qualified substitute teachers and substitute paraprofessionals for our schools. Here are some of the benefits offered to substitute teachers working for Kelly Educational Staffing:
- Pick your own schools and schedule
- Flexibility and pre-planning capabilities when accepting and choosing substitute teaching assignments
- Weekly pay directly deposited to your bank account
- Bonus pay
- Substitute Teacher of the Year Program
- Health benefits
- 401K plan
Minimum Requirements to be Eligible for Employment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Background screening
- Meet district hiring guidelines.
To Apply to Become a Substitute Teacher and or a Substitute Paraprofessional for Hernando County Public Schools, please contact:
Kelly Educational Staffing
919 N Broad Street
Brooksville, FL 34601
For more information, visit KellyEducationalStaffing.com.
Hernando County Non-Instructional Substitutes
The school district regularly uses non-instructional substitutes in a variety of positions including custodial, clinic, clerical and food and nutrition. Listed below are the requirements, if any, for each position.
Custodian - No Requirements
Food & Nutrition Assistant - No Requirements
Clinic Assistant - CPR and First Aid and High School Diploma/GED or Official College Transcripts
Clerical Assistant - High School Diploma/GED or Official College Transcripts
Please follow the steps below to complete the application process:
- Complete an Employment Application.
- Send an email to to Edward Bozman at firstname.lastname@example.org letting him know you are interested in becoming a non-instructional substitute.