Fire Official / Plans Examiner
What we do...
Bill Hall - Fire Official/Plans Examiner
- Serves as the School District Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) with oversight over all Fire Safety issues and compliance per the Florida Fire Prevention Code as it applies to fire prevention in educational facilities.
- Responsible for enforcing State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF) and other applicable state regulations.
- As the District Plans Examiner, provide technical advice and information to administrators, architects, engineers, staff and the public regarding compliance to SREF, Life Safety Codes, Florida Fire Prevention Codes and other NFPA standards.
- Provides code compliance inspections for new construction projects to ensure compliance to the Florida Fire Prevention code.
- Act as the District liaison to Fire Departments, Department of Health and Emergency Management.
- Manages the corrections of fire safety, safety, sanitation, maintenance, ADA compliance and OSHA compliance issues working with School Board personnel, local, state and federal agencies to assure compliance in these areas.
- Conducts accident, fire, playground injuries and other appropriate investigations as required to assure the safety of District facilities.
- Oversees the District’s hazardous material program to assure proper handling, disposal and documentation as required by state law
- Manages the District's emergency generators to ensure routine proper maintenance and operational integrity as required by national fire codes.
- Manages the District's Fire Protection Systems to ensure compliance, proper maintenance and operational integrity is adhere to.
- Plan and manage all district fire safety installation and repair projects.
David Rusha - Fire Safety Inspector
- Provide Annual Comprehensive Safety inspections and reports for board review and approval for all school district facilities and provide follow up inspections for compliance to Florida Fire Prevention Code and State Requirements for Educational Facilities.
- Provide inspections and reports for: sanitation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provide follow up inspections
- Provide training classes as directed, for Fire Safety, CPR/AED/First Aid.
- Provide tracking of hazardous materials within the school district to assure all personnel are properly handling these materials safely.
- Assist with maintaining and forwarding to emergency response agencies the district’s after hour emergency contact list and respond to after hour emergencies as needed.
- To serve on the County Wide Safety and Safe Driver Committee.
Luis Rivas - Fire Alarm Technician
- Inspects all Fire Alarm Systems annually at all schools and ancillary facilities for compliance to NFPA 72 Standards for Fire Alarm and the National Electrical Code NFPA70.
- Prepares reports for Maintenance to correct noted deficiencies found during annual fire alarm inspections and follows up with re-inspections of noted deficiencies.
- Oversees inspections and certifications of all Fire Extinguishers at all schools and ancillary facilities for compliance to NFPA 10 Standard for Fire Extinguishers.
- Oversees inspections and certifications of Hood Suppression System at schools for compliance to NFPA 96 Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations.
- Provides technical advice and information to administrators, staff and the public regarding compliance to NFPA 10 Standard for Fire Extinguishers, NFPA 72 Standard for Fire Alarms and NFPA 96 Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations.
- Oversees District elevators are annually inspected and certification is properly posted.