Military Careers/Recruiters/ASVAB Resources

Thinking of a career in the United States Armed Forces?

Springstead High school welcomes our military recruiters and we want to facilitate student's opportunities to meet with recruiters. If you would like to speak with a recruiter, please reach out to the recruiter directly with the information below or you may go to the Military Recruiting Office located at 7028 Coastal Blvd Suite 101, Brooksville, FL 34613 (located off 50 across from Panera and Ulta).

Sign up to see a military recuiter here

US military logos

Recruiter Contact Info

  • Air Force: Staff Seargeant Mikayla Bailey (352) 263-8954
  • Army and Army Reserves: SSG. Ferguson, 1-813-763-5195
  • Army National Guard: SSg Lisa Aguilar (352) 586-6413
  • Coast Guard: Chief Kelley Young (727) 851-3983
  • Marine Corps: Staff Sergeant Camden Wysong (727) 245-0173
  • Navy: PS2 Jessica Bruenn 
  • Space Force: Contact Air Force recruiter

When meeting with recruiters, use the "Questions to ask Every Recruiter" guide to help you to ask the right questions.

Are you continuing the tradition of service to your country?

  • If so learn about the educational benefits that may be available to you through the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) program. If you’re the child or spouse of a Veteran or service member who has died, is captured or missing, or has disabilities, you may be able to get help paying for school or job training through the DEA program—also called Chapter 35. Find out if you’re eligible for this benefit.
  • The Folds of Honors Scholarship: dependents and/or spouses of fallen or disabled US service members are eligible to apply for scholarships.
  • The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship), a scholarship for children and spouses of certain Veterans. If your parent or spouse died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001, while serving in one of the Armed Forces, or was a member of the Selected Reserve who died from a service-connected disability, you may qualify for this benefit. 
  • If you’re the surviving spouse, child, or parent of a service member who died in the line of duty, or the survivor of a Veteran who died from a service-related injury or illness, you may be able to get a tax-free monetary benefit called VA Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (VA DIC). Find out if you can get VA benefits or compensation.
  • If your parent has not used their GI Bill, you parent may also request to transfer their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to a child or step-child.
  • The Minuteman Campaign is a U.S. Army Cadet Command initiative to offer Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) scholarships to candidates that self-select for service in a Reserve component. The GRFD scholarship provides full tuition and fees or room and board ($10,000 per year) for up to four years at a public or private school. This program provides well-trained officers to the Reserve Components and improves the total Army force. If you are a high school senior interested in receiving an Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) scholarship and commissioning into the Army Reserve, the GRFD Minuteman Scholarship provides you an excellent opportunity.


  • Springstead is hosting our second ASVAB test for the 2023-2024 school year. 
  • This test is scheduled for March 19th, 2024 to start at the beginning of period 2. Room/location 1003.
  • Scores will be available with a reading of your results on : DATE to be determined 
  • Please sign up below by Feb. 5th if you would like to take the ASVAB.

ASVAB Test Registration:

ASVAB Resources:

Military Service Opportunities

  • Air Force
  • Army
  • Army National Guard
  • Coast Guard
  • Marine Corps
  • Navy
  • Space Force

Military Service Academies and Other Ways to Become a Military Officer

You can become an officer in the U.S. military by graduating from one of the U.S. service academies. The academies are colleges that train future commissioned officers.

Benefits and Commitments

  • Tuition, room, and board are free. 
  • You get paid while you are attending.
  • You must serve for several years in the military after you graduate, unless you go to the Merchant Marine Academy—then you have other options.

Five Service Academies

How to Get Into a Military Academy

To be accepted into any service academy except for the Coast Guard Academy, you must first be nominated to the school by either:

How to Get Into the Coast Guard Academy

Submit an application directly. You don't need to be nominated.


Founded in 1916, ROTC stands for Reserve Officer Training Corps. It’s a college program offered at over 1,700 colleges and universities across the United States that prepares young adults to become officers in the U.S. Military. In exchange for a paid college education and a guaranteed post-college career, cadets commit to serve in the Military after graduation. As detailed below, each Service branch has its own take on ROTC. To learn more, click here