Hours For Bright Futures Scholarship
- Option 1-Volunteer Service Hours
- Florida Academic Scholarship-100 Volunteer Service Hours Required
- Florida Medallion Scholarship- 75 Volunteer Service Hours Required
- Florida Gold Seal Cape and Gold Seal Vocational Scholarships- 30 Volunteer Service Hours
- Option 2- Paid Work Experience Hours
- Florida Academic Scholarship-100 Paid Work Experience Hours Required
- Florida Medallion Scholarship- 100 Paid Work Experience Hours Required
- Florida Gold Seal Cape and Gold Seal Vocational Scholarships-100 Paid Work Experience Hours Required
- List of Pre-approved Locations for Volunteer Service
Quick Facts About Volunteer Service:
- FACT 1: Volunteer Service is not required to graduate.
- FACT 2: Volunteer Service OR Paid Work Experience hours ARE required for the Bright Futures Scholarships.
- FACT 3: Students must be prepared to state the social problem and through papers, essays or presentations evaluate and reflect on his or her experience if utilizing the volunteer service option.
Be sure to read to volunteer service forms, rules and requirements. Always get your counselors approval prior to starting your volunteer service hours. If your activities do not meet the parameters set forth, they will not be applied to the volunteer service hours requirement for Bright Futures.
Quick Facts About Paid Work Experience Hours:
- Effective July, 2022, students may utilize paid work experience hours to meet the hours requirement for the Bright Futures Scholarship Program. All of the Bright Futures Scholarships require 100 paid work experience hours in leau of the volunteer service hours.
- It should be noted that students may not combine volunteer hours and paid work experience hours to meet their scholarship's hours requirement. The student must either complete the full required amount of volunteer service hours OR the paid work experience hours).
- Student's utilizing the paid work experience hours must indicate on the service hours form that the hours are paid work experience.