Springstead School Counseling Office
The mission of the Springstead High School Counseling Program is to lead all students to achieve college and/or career readiness standards. Our school counselors collaborate with students, parents, families, teachers, school-based leadership and other stakeholders to meet each student's unique needs. Our school counselors challenge students to identify personal strengths that can be applied to achieve their academic, career, personal/social and emotional goals. School counselors also challenge students explore their passions, interests, and talents while assisting students with breaking down real or imagined barriers. Outcomes of our school counseling program include increased engagement, continued growth and goal attainment.
How to see your school counselor?
Seeing a school counselor is an important resource for students and parents to address various concerns related to education, mental health, emotional well-being, and safety. Here are some key points to consider when seeking the assistance of a school counselor:
Appointments are Preferred: It is typically best for students to schedule an appointment with their school counselor in advance. This allows for better organization of their time and ensures that they can dedicate sufficient attention to your concerns.
- Exceptions for Urgent Matters: In some cases, there may be urgent matters related to mental health, emotional well-being, or safety that require immediate attention. In such situations, students should not hesitate to seek help, even if you don't have a prior appointment.
- Preferred Process for Parents: Parents, in particular, are encouraged to make appointments with the school counselor. This ensures that the counselor can be prepared to address your concerns effectively and efficiently.
- Walk-In Appointments: Counselors often understand that there may be situations where a "walk-in" appointment is necessary. These are usually for urgent or unexpected matters. However, please be prepared for potential wait times in the counselor's office, as they may have previously scheduled appointments and other responsibilities.
Online Booking: Our school counselors offer the option to book appointments online. This can be a convenient way to ensure that the counselor is available to meet with you when you arrive on campus, reducing wait times.
- Respecting Scheduled Appointments: It's important to be punctual and respectful of scheduled appointments. This helps the counselor manage their time effectively and ensures that everyone who needs assistance can be accommodated.
- Emergency Situations: In case of immediate safety concerns or emergencies, don't wait for an appointment or walk-in. Contact school staff or security personnel for immediate assistance.
PRE- IB & IB Advisor
LAST NAME LETTERS Hi-Me
MRS. TORRES, LCSW
ALL EAGLES-Providing school-based mental health services