Welcome to Springstead High School's counseling page. Our goal is to provide academic, career, college access, and personal competencies to each student as set forth by the American School Counseling Association guidelines. We have 5 counselors who assist students and parents with educational, college and career planning. We are also resources for student's emotional behavioral health and over-all well-being.
Throughout the school year counselors spend much of our time individually assisting students and parents with academic placement, social/emotional skills, monitoring progress towards graduation and discussing future career and college plans. We have an open door policy. Students do not need an appointment to see their counselor, just come on in. On most days we are available for walk-in appointments with parents but emergencies sometimes happen and a counselor will be unavailable, calling in ahead to make sure your counselor is available is a good idea. Making an appointment will push you to the front of any walk-ins, so it is always favorable to do so.
Parents and students are kept informed through our guidance webpage, text messages and automated phone calls.
MRS PROKOP: PRE- IB & IB COUNSELOR Email: Prokop_J@hcsb.k12.fl.us
MRS CLURMAN: LAST NAME LETTERS Aa-Cr Email: Clurman_S@hcsb.k12.fl.us
MRS. REYES: LAST NAME LETTERS Cu-He Email:Reyes_S@hcsb.k12.fl.us
MRS. GUNTER: LAST NAME LETTERS Hi-Me Email: Gunter_S@hcsb.k12.fl.us
MRS. SARDOGAN: LAST NAME LETTERS Mi-Ro Email: Sardogan_C@hcsb.k12.fl.us
MRS. SWARTOUT: LAST NAME LETTERS Ru-Z Email: Swartout_T@hcsb.k12.fl.us
School Counselor Department Chair: Jennifer Prokop
School Social Worker: Mrs. Torres Mrs. Maria Torres
Course Request Cards:
Students enrolling from Puerto Rico
If you do not have your transcripts we can request them for you through a website at the Department of Education in Puerto Rico. Also, for your convenience below is the check list and forms needed to register or you can come into the Guidance Office to pick up a packet.
Estudiantes matriculados desde Puerto Rico
Si no tiene sus transcripciones, podemos solicitarlas a través de un sitio web en el Departamento de Educación de Puerto Rico. Además, para su conveniencia a continuación se encuentra la lista de verificación y los formularios necesarios para registrarse o puede ingresar a la Oficina de Orientación (Guidance) para recoger un paquete.
- Records/Transcript Request
- Book an appointment with your counselor
- Book/Request a Parent Teacher Conference/ School Directory
- Text your counselor and receive important notifications here
- Academic Support
- Action Plan-9th Grade
- Action Plan-10th Grade
- Action Plan-11th Grade
- Action Plan-12th Grade
- ACT Registration & Prep
- Activities & Events Related To High School, College and Career
- Athletes/NCAA Info
- Brag Sheet
- Bright Futures Scholarship Info
- Clubs at SHS
- Common Application
- Community Service Information
- Drop and Add
- Dual Enrollment
- Dual Enrollment with UF -Go Gators!
- Dual Enrollment Alternative
- Edgenuity Credit Recovery
- EOC Prep (opens in new window)
- Elective Cards-Select your classes here
- Employment and Internship Opportunities
- Graduation Requirements and Tests, Diploma Designations
- Home Education-Options/Process
- Mental Health Resources-Need to talk now?
- Military Careers/Recruiters/ASVAB Resources
- Online Learning
- Pasco Hernando State College-After High School
- PERT Prep
- PERT Math Prep-Espanol
- PSAT Info
- Registrar: Registration Forms & Req. Documents, Submit Records /Transcript Requests
- SAT Registration & Prep
- Scholarships - Local
- Scholarship Websites/Resources
- Senior Stuff
- Sign Up to meet University Admissions Advisors
- Single Sign On. Skyward, Teams
- SunTech Vocational Training after High School
- Testing Accomodations
- Truancy Legal Implications
- USA Test Prep for Math
- Work Programs for students with IEP's or 504 Plans
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.